Ted Cruz, who hasn’t produced meaningful border legislation during his time in the U.S. Senate, will be in Laredo for an International Bridge Roundtable
For Immediate Release: July 24, 2023
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS – Today, Texas Senator Roland Gutierrez released a statement ahead of Monday’s Laredo roundtable held by U.S. Senator Ted Cruz and Congressman Henry Cuellar.
“Our border absolutely needs more bridges and critical financial investments, but all we hear from Ted Cruz is talk. When it comes time to vote for infrastructure funding, Ted Cruz always says no. He voted against the Bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act and the historic Inflation Reduction Act, which are bringing billions to Texas. He will surely show up to the ribbon cutting ceremonies for projects he never lifted a finger to make happen,” said Senator Roland Gutierrez.
“Ted Cruz needs to stop lying to Texans about the border. The ugly truth of Operation Lone Star has come to light over the last week and caused an international conflict with Texas’ largest partner in trade.
“Children and mothers are dying. What is happening here is criminally negligent homicide on behalf of the State and the Department of Public Safety. How long before a DPS booby trap is responsible for the death of a Border Patrol agent? This situation requires real leadership to provide real solutions to fix Abbott’s crisis on the border.”
FIVE QUESTIONS TO ASK TED CRUZ
- Is it acceptable border policy to deny people water, push 4-year-olds down riverbanks, and lay out razor wire that has killed people and endangers Border Patrol agents?
- Is there any bill that increases immigration that Ted Cruz would ever approve of?
- Can Ted Cruz explain the difference between his family fleeing an oppressive regime in Cuba compared to today’s Central Americans fleeing an oppressive regime in their home country?
- Do you think it’s acceptable that the Texas Department of Public Safety’s razor wire and buoys have made it deadlier and more difficult for Border Patrol agents to do their jobs?
- Will you put country over party and condemn Operation Lone Star, which The Wall Street Journal recently noted has spent $4.5 billion of Texan taxpayer funds, faces charges of civil-rights abuses, and has had little effect on migration?