More Elected Officials, Students, and LGBTQ+ Orgs Endorse Underdog Contender Gutierrez
For Immediate Release: January 29, 2024
TEXAS – Today, U.S. Senate Candidate Roland Gutierrez releases statewide endorsements from elected officials, progressive organizations, and community leaders across the state of Texas.
“Ted Cruz gains from keeping our state’s systems broken by voting against investments, jobs, and common sense gun safety legislation for Texas. Cruz has spent his entire career creating culture wars and chaos just to get airtime on Fox News.”
“Cruz is not a serious politician and he does not deserve to serve as the Senator from this state. Texans need a Senator that is going to stand up and fight for them on the real issues – restoring women’s reproductive rights, getting more money to working families, and fixing our broken immigration system,” said State Senator Roland Gutierrez.
“I am proud to have earned the support of these leaders and organizations from all around Texas, and I hope to earn the support of their communities as we continue to talk to Texans.”
Today, Senator Roland Gutierrez released a list of endorsements from elected officials and progressive organizations from across the state:
- Dallas Stonewall Democrats
- Houston LGBTQ Caucus
- San Antonio Stonewall Democrats
- University Democrats Dallas
- University Democrats Austin
- Texas Arab American Democrats
- Austin City Council Member Jose Velasquez
- Houston State Representative Armando Walle
- Houston State Representative Mary Ann Perez
- Dallas State Representative Jessica Gonzalez
- Former Dallas State Representative Terri Hodge
- Former Dallas County Democratic Chair Carol Donovan
- Former San Antonio City Councilmember María Antonietta Berriozábal
Gutierrez’s new round of endorsements included a growing list of over 50 organizations and elected officials from across the state joining Mothers for Democracy PAC, formerly known as Mothers Against Greg Abbott.
A full list of endorsements can be found here.